Tuesday 7 June 2016

Keagan Dolly craves for more

Bafana Bafana's superb win over Gambia on Saturday was over shaded by the #SAMA's that grabbed all the media attention.

Shakes Mashaba's side went into the match firing from all cylinders oblivious to the fact that they could no longer top the group, even if they scored a million goals.

One youngster who was determined to prove a point after narrowly missing out on on R250 000 that came with the Absa PSL player of the year  is Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly.

Dolly, whose had a beautiful season, not only scored, but scored a brace proving his hunger for success at national level.

Dolly played a starring role in Bafana Bafana’s 4-0 demolishing of the Gambian side in their penultimate Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Independence Stadium in Bakau.

“This has been some year for me. I have won lots of things, [been] selected for major awards and now being called for the national team and [to] do this,” Dolly said after the match.

“It gives me a wonderful feeling but I want to continue working hard so that I repay the faith my coaches have placed on me," he said.

The SA under-23 captain, who is expected to head to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics games, assisted Thamsanqa Gabuza’s second goal late in the first half, before netting two excellent long-range strikes in the second half of the match to complete an emphatic away victory for Shakes Mashaba’s men.

“My career is really blossoming but I will keep my feet grounded and put more effort in whatever I do.”