Monday 13 June 2016

Fulu Mugovhani bags #AMAA Award

Just last week I was "revelling" about how South African talent is being recognised on the continent. Mzansi's soapie stars have carved a niche for themselves as household names, thanks to DStv.

Anyway, Scandal actress Fulu Mugovanhi did heed my call to bring home the Award for BEST ACTRESS at the AMAA 2016 for her role in Ayanda.

The talented actress whom many know as the sweet smiling Anzani beat Nomzamo Mbatha, Iretiola Doyle, Dakore Egbuson, Nse Ikpe Etim, Omoni Oboli, Maimouna N’Daiye, Adesua Etomi and Zineb Odeib in the race for the award.

As with social media these days, Fulu took to instagram to express her gratitude, the actress shared picture of herself holding the award as her beautiful face beams with smile. Captioned:

“Oh… It’s just me with my AFRICA MOVIE ACADEMY AWARD! I’m so honored and grateful for this, words cannot begin to explain it.”

Another South African, Thishiwe Ziqubu also won an award for her role in Tell me Sweet Something for the BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE. While Tell me Sweet Something got the award for ACHIEVEMENT IN SCREEN PLAY.