Tuesday 1 March 2022

Minnie Dlamini flies to Paris Fashion Week #SouthAfricaBlog

Fashion month is in full swing, and the buzz around it is high as designers and models prepare to exhibit their outfits on the global stages.

Media personality Minnie Dlamini is among those delighted to be part of the prestigious Paris Fashion Week, where she will be walking in designer Jessica Molebatsi garments for JessicaJane's French-Xhosa-inspired range.

The duo say the collaboration is also about women supporting women on their journeys while making South Africans proud and making dreams come true.

"I am so excited to be walking Paris Fashion Week as the JessicaJane show stopper," said Dlamini. 

"We've been on this journey together for such a long time, and I'm so proud of the work she's done. This new collection is a true representation of South Africa and the way we see it and the way we want to see it. I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity."

Speaking The Star, Dlamini explained what it meant for her to be taking part in Paris Fashion Week.

"More than anything, it's sisters supporting sisters, and I think we need to see more of that. We need to see more of each other supporting each other in our various spaces. And that is also what I wanted this to represent. I am so excited, and I mean I get to say 'I have walked Paris Fashion Week'," she said.

Paris Fashion Week is part of the global "Big Four" fashion weeks, the others being London Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week. The schedule begins with New York, followed by London, and then Milan and ends in Paris.