Wednesday 23 November 2016

'Killing yourself is not a solution' - Rebecca Malope

As part of her upcoming ‘tell all’ show at Carnival City, South African gospel artist Rebecca Malope has opened up about being raped at a very young age.

Rebecca will be performing  in her very own showcase, ‘Angingedwa: This Is My Story’.

In the production, the gospel veteran will be opening up about her childhood and her journey into the music industry.

In an interview with the Sowetan, Rebecca says she tried to include key moments of her life into the show.

“I have tried to include most of the highlights of my life because they are too many”.

She opened up about contemplating suicide because she was “hurting inside”.

“At some point I wanted to kill myself because I was hurting inside. The show seeks to show people that whatever pain you are experiencing , killing yourself is not a solution,” she said.