Thursday 8 September 2022

Randburg resident wins best Gospel Poet Award

Lutendo Ramadwa-Letsie is making waves in the entertainment industry and has won an award for Best Gospel Poet at the Ingoma awards.

This was on August 27 at Redemption Church in Greenstone, Randburg.


Born and bred in Thohoyandou in Venda, Ramadwa-Letsie who is famously known as Princess Lutendo has already shared a stage with popular musician Zahara and Vendaboy Poet in her previous performances. 

She currently resides in Greenhills.

Speaking to the Herald Ramadwa-Letsie said, “I started giving my innermost feelings a voice when I was 12 years old.
I would write when I was happy and I would write when sad. Penning down my emotions on paper gave me the platform to express my deepest thoughts and it has helped me get through life.

"I am now super excited that poetry is getting the recognition it deserves. We are going back to our roots, as poetry was an ancient way in which prophets glorified God,” said Ramadwa-Letsie.

She has released a full-length album entitled Poetic Session One, which is a fusion of poetry and music.

She said the album is more about how women can liberate themselves from the chains of social ills.

“My album addresses issues such as gender-based prejudice, oppression, stereotypes and inequality, and through my work I just wanted to help liberate women from the chains of social, economic, physical, psychological and emotional abuse,” said Ramadwa-Letsie.