Tuesday 1 February 2022

I will not pay a cent to Bonang Matheba

A few days after media personality Bonang Matheba shared her legal victory against the social media star Rea Gopane, he posted on his social media account that he will not pay Matheba a single dime.

Gopane was embroiled in a legal battle with Matheba after he alleged publicly that the former Metro FM host introduced her ex-lover, rapper Kiernan "AKA" Forbes, to cocaine.

In a statement shared by Matheba it was revealed that he would have to pay compensatory damages to her over his several unjustified attacks on her reputation.

Gopane recently made a video and shared it on social media, making it clear he will not pay a cent to Bonang.

"Let me tell you something real quick; come closer. She is not getting a cent. She is not getting a cent from me. You know what I mean. I have been having this planned out from last year bra. And I ain't paying s***."

The 23-year old further posted on his Twitter account that he would rather burn money than give it to Matheba.

"I would rather burn every single rand that I will ever make in my entire life than to give it to that queen of yours."

Gopane said Bonang is using people's "sheep behaviour" to stay relevant in the eyes of the public.

"Y'all don't even realise Bonang is just using your sheep behaviour to stay relevant in the eyes of the public. She is great at it no lie but what surprises me is how people just keep falling for it."

Gopane was ordered to pay R300 000 in damages by the High Court of Johannesburg.

Matheba said the money will help uplift those who are less fortunate through the Bonang Matheba Foundation.

Matheba established the foundation to advance the tertiary education of young women.