Thursday 5 January 2023

That '90s Show is definitely one to look out for on #Netflix

Aside from parents – now-grandparents – Kitty and Red (Debra Jo Rupp and Kurtwood Smith) returning, That '70s Show fans can expect almost all their old faves to show their faces. 

But for Mila Kunis, it was a strange experience stepping back into her character Jackie's shoes and acting opposite her reallife husband, Ashton Kutcher, who plays Jackie's high school sweetheart Michael Kelso.


"I was more nervous doing that than anything else in my career – to shoot with my husband on the set of That '70s Show, because the set is exactly the same minus a few paint jobs. It made me so uncomfortable. I would look at my husband while we were doing a scene or rehearsing and I'd be like, 'That's what you look like when you act!'"

And Mila has no difficulty calling out one plot point: That the '90s versions of Jackie and Kelso are married with a child. 

"They are together in this, which is weird because we shouldn't have been. You know what? I called BS. I was like, 'My character would be with Fez (Wilmer Valderrama's character, who'll also make an appearance)," she insists.

• Binge That '90s Show season 1 from Thursday 19 January on Netflix. At the time of printing, original series That '70s Show was not available to stream in SA.