Wednesday 1 June 2022

Real Housewives of Durban Nonku Williams unearthes a first

Its believed that a good book with a glass of wine and tasty food is a great combination to lighten one's mood.

An exclusive event hosted by Blaque Bistro restaurant in Bryanston brought the full experience of food and wine tasting while unpacking thought-provoking points in the newly published book.


With the popular reality star from the Real Housewives of Durban, Nonku Williams, finally launching her A2B wine brand and collaborating with chef Sizo Henna, who owns Blaque Bistro, and author Zikhona Valela, their guests were in for a nice treat.

Each of the three shared captivating stories of how they brought their dreams to light and the drive behind their hard work.

Chef Henna served his guests a three-course meal giving them a taste of his best dishes.

Taking the stage, Williams shared bases about her A2B wine brand, expressing gratitude for its expansion.

"I am very excited. It's something I've been waiting for a long time. But I do believe that in everything there is timing and a place. So I have been wanting it to expand to other provinces."

Williams described herself as a go-getter. "People who are close to me know I'm a resilient woman. I'm so passionate about everything I do, whether it's business, personal or my relationship. And I'm a go-getter. When I want something, I go for it and make sure to get it. That's my mantra."

She said she was pleased to have collaborated with the popular Henna and author and historian Zikhona Valela. 

Valela recently published her first book, Now You Know How Mapetla Died: The Story of a Black Consciousness Martyr.

Speaking about her book she said, "What I wanted to do with this work is to show that the liberation movement was waged on all corners of South Africa. Black people worked together and fought this thing.

"Mapetla was a black consciousness leader working closely with people in the Eastern Cape."