Thursday 21 April 2022

Gigi Lamayne heads to Zimbabwe #GigiInZim

Award winning South African rapper, Gigi Lamayne, is expected in the country for her shows in Harare and Bulawayo.

Born Genesis Gabriella Tina Manney, the versatile singer and songwriter said her visit was about paying homage to her grandfathers, since her parents are Zimbabwean.


She will be performing in Harare on April 22 and Bulawayo on April 23.

"I was born in South Africa, but my parents are from Zimbabwe and my visit and performance in Zimbabwe is about uniting us.

"It is also about paying homage to my great grandfather, Fiva, who was originally from Zimbabwe.

"I hope to make it an annual event and I will also run an upcoming artistes' competition with #GigiInZim for young hopefuls to be able to perform alongside me on both days," she said.

Gigi said this was her first time to perform in Zimbabwe.

"I visit Zimbabwe once a year to visit family, but this is the first time I am performing there. I am performing both in Harare and Bulawayo. I will be delivering my old and new songs at the show.

"My latest song Mashonisa (featuring Makhadzi and Busiswa) is doing well."
Her poetic skills were developed at the age of 11, having her first poem titled Valentines' Day published by the Poetry Institute of Africa, under the Anthology-Fairytale moon.

She later developed her unique writing skills into rap, at the age of 16.