Tuesday 7 September 2021

Gigi Lamayne on finding love. #GirlTalkZA #SouthAfricaBlog

Rapper Gigi Lamayne is all beau'd up after the first season of the hit international reality dating show Temptation Island SA, and she hopes she can change public perception of Mzansi celebs as well.

"My brand has always been about surprises. Just people never really know what I am going to do next," said Gigi about shocking fans with the news of joining the cast of Temptation Island SA.

Chatting to TshisaLIVE, Gigi had fans excited that they are finally going to get a sneak peek into her personal life.

"I want people to see me outside my element, you know, not as a celebrity, not as an artist but as someone who also faces the same challenges. I am single, I am looking for someone, if it happens on the show, why not? I've always kinda dated people in my industry, and it was only recently that I decided not to," she said.

Chatting about why she joined the show, the ''Slaap Tiger'' hit-maker said she wanted to start dating outside the music space and meet people of different backgrounds who could possibly be "the one" for her. 

"Just because I don't want to be chatting about the same thing around the table. I just wanted someone to challenge me, someone who lives a lifestyle completely different to my own. Previously I would date for the moment and be in the moment but I think I am slowly starting to understand how stability is super-important," she said.

Gigi also hopes that audiences can change their perceptions of women of colour and hopes to see more women like herself be unapologetic.