Monday 31 May 2021

Zoe Modiga claims her throne. #SouthAfricaBlog #MondayMotivation

Zoe Modiga's music is proudly African and that is what she is leading with when it comes to her music sessions.

"I have definitely been lucky enough to still do my own shows. It has really been such a devastating time for everyone and especially the entertainment and music industry because we are in the business of putting people together. I have a series called An Intimate Story with Zoë2 Modiga and Banda Banda and that is one of the things I have kept myself occupied with and it has helped me to stay in the mix. I have been able to share music with people and be entertained by that."

The series was founded together with Banda Banda, an artist and music producer, and the two have toured major cities performing at sold-out shows.

"I think it is really just beautiful because it is an intimate story relating to our music but it is in such a sense that people relate to the music as well as the stories behind them. It's not just performing on stage with lights and costume changes. It's really getting into the stories that we are telling. Our music is both proudly African and that's what we lead with," said Modiga.

The songbird said the series explored the modern meaning and the modern world of being a young African and what that looks like.