Monday 10 October 2016

Black Coffee lectures Canadian students

World renowned South African DJ, Black Coffee took to Instagram to
share his experiences as a student, and now teacher at the Red Bull
Music Academy.

Coffee was a student at the Cape Town branch 13 years ago, and is now
giving lectures at the academy in Montreal, Canada.

"13 years ago I was chosen as one of the Red Bull Music Academy
students in Cape Town. That was a life changing experience for me," he
wrote."It changed the way I saw the world….how I consumed and produced
music".

He said that being a teacher at the same academy that trained him is "surreal".

At the time, he said he was asked about his future, and said "In 5
years I'll be one of the most important producers in South Africa."

"Today I'm sitting on the other side of the room giving my first
lecture in Montreal….Quite a surreal moment."