Monday 7 August 2023

South African model scores European gig

Nicole Meyer still gets a kick out of re-watching her modelling shoots.


She may have done hundreds of them, shot various global commercials and magazine covers, but the 31-yearold Cape Town-born model says she never gets tired of it.



"It's crazy. I can't really explain it. I really do live for my work, and all I can be is thankful when I see the hard work pays off. And how everyone behind the scenes makes it possible."


For the past few days, the swimsuit model has been re-watching her latest commercial that she's just finished shooting in Serbia, for renowned lemonade brand Tube's latest commercial.


The commercial went live this week and will feature prominently in Serbia as well as on social media platforms.


Meyer has featured as a cover girl for well known magazines, became the face of brands such as, Liquifruit, and has also featured in the Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition.


"It's always a huge achievement for me when the media in South Africa still cheers me on, it's very special," said Meyer.


The commercial was shot in 31 degree heat. She was also required to do stunt work.


"I was stunned by how incredibly the whole production went. There were about 70 hard-working people on set, we shot on the rooftop of a huge building.

 The biggest challenge was that I had to do stunts where I was airlifted. I love to push myself and the boundaries."


The model had to ensure her body was in peak condition to feature in the commercial.