Tuesday 12 September 2023

I ask to see bank balances on the first date - broke guys are a waste of my time: Influencer reveals #GirlTalkZA

An influencer has ignited an online debate after she announced that she always asks to see a man's bank balance on the first date.

Her followers were left divided after she clarified that she "only wants to date a wealthy guy."


Content creator Sofia Franklyn (@sofiafranklyn) made the divisive revelation on a recent episode of her podcast Sofia with an F.

Speaking with her guest and fellow social media star Leo Skepi, she shared: "I've asked the last three dudes I've dated for their bank account info on the first date."

When Leo probed her further about her reasoning, she explained: "I have a job, I'm very successful.

"So I think I have every f**king right to be like 'Hi, are we on the same level or am I wasting my time?'"

Sofia told her podcast that as she got older her attitude towards dating changed.

"I'm 30, I don't have time to date and f**k around," she explained.

Sofia pulled up one of her previous date's bank balances to show her guest.

She clarified that the unnamed man is 27 but she was still underwhelmed by his financial status.

The influencer joked that she required any man under 5-foot-10 to shoe her receipts when it came to his bank balance.

Sofia explained that she would go on a second or third date with a man even if he refused to share his bank details with her.

However, she stressed that the issue remained for her and she would bring it up again.

"A lot of people think that's just crazy of me to do, I don't think it's that crazy," the New York-based creator said.

Sofia's statement received mixed reactions from her podcast viewers who took to the comments section to share their thoughts