Friday 15 November 2019

Teacher refused day off, quits job to cheer the #Springboks. #FridayFeeling

Bok fan Cheryldene Schouw, of Bonteheuwel, was so adamant about attending the trophy tour in Cape Town on Monday that she quit her job as a creche teacher when her boss refused to give her a day off.

"I wouldn't miss such a golden opportunity to see our national team and my favourite captain‚ Siya Kolisi.

"I said, 'It's OK if I can't have the day off‚ then I'm out of here'.

"I don't mind not having a job. Today means so much.

"There will be other job opportunities‚" she said.

Her enthusiasm was shared by Capetonians singing and dancing in the streets to celebrate the Boks' World Cup win with their heroes.

Get more personalized lifestyle news by getting your copy of Trendnation digital on these platforms. 

Trendnation digital

PressReader


Magzter