Friday 23 August 2024

Lerato Kganyago and Nompumelelo Nkosi sizzle at sunset rooftop soiree

S Mag kicked off spring with a vibrant rooftop soiree in Parktown, Johannesburg, honoring their Women of the Year, Lerato Kganyago and Nompumelelo Nkosi. The event saw guests like rapper Gigi Lamayne and Vogue Nights founder Ntsikelelo "Lelo" Meslani enjoying sparkling champagne under the setting sun.

Kganyago, named Woman in Entertainment, expressed her excitement for the warmer weather, stating, "I'm looking forward to being jolly, being on the rooftop and getting rid of the electric blankets, heaters and oversized jackets." For her, the recognition from S Mag brought back fond memories: "I haven't done a cover in years. Sowetan launched my career, they were the first people to write about me in my days of Miss Soweto."

Nkosi, the Woman in Digital, also shared her enthusiasm for spring, focusing on the fashion and outdoor activities: "What I'm looking forward to about spring are the outfits. I can't wait to wear shorts again. I can't wait to be outside again, sha 'upetrol kube colourful."

Gigi Lamayne, channeling her inner goddess, expressed excitement for the creative energy of the season: "Spring has sprung, and I'm excited for the fashion and new music [hint hint] that is going to be coming through and everything that speaks to Africa right now." 

The rooftop soiree was a celebration of both the arrival of spring and the achievements of these remarkable women, highlighting their contributions to entertainment and digital media.