Wednesday 22 August 2018

Sophie Ndaba reveals her body weight loss secret

Famous actress and businesswoman Sophie Ndaba, now Lichaba, has gone through an impressive body transformation. The former Generations star has lost a lot of weight and is looking slimmer and healthier. 

Speaking to DJ Fresh on his Metro FM breakfast show, Sophie Ndaba, who now goes by her new husband's surname, Lichaba, explained how concerns for her health led to her slimming down.

"I've worked on it – I think I over-worked on it, but you can never lose when you have lost so much weight. I wanted to be a new me and I think, more importantly, it's just about leading a healthy lifestyle. That's the highlight of the struggles I've had for many years," she said.

She revealed during the interview that not only was she overweight, but that she suffered from something worse.

"I was obese and I think in South Africa, obesity is not addressed. I struggled with my health because of being overweight. Obviously, I had to address it very, very quickly – or else. It was really a life-or-death situation."

Her weight loss has not always been met with admiration. She said some people have been saying she has lost too much weight.

"People can look at it from a different perspective and say: 'Oh, she's lost too much weight.' What's too much for you? If it's not too much for me, it can't be too much for you, because it's all about me."

Despite the criticism, she said, she was in a space where she was happy, healthy and confident.

"I'm excited, I'm happy, I feel lighter and even when I go shopping I'm excited, I'm like: 'Oh, I can walk into this boutique' – the one I could never walk into."

The wedding and event planner also revealed that she would providing tips on eating healthily to achieve similar results.

Take a peek at the actress's new look on her Instagram page and compare it to a snap from the 2015 Durban July, taken before she lost all the weight.