Thursday 16 September 2021

#Motorola Moto G100 is simple but powerful. #PhoneReview #SouthAfricaBlog

There are plenty of professional reviews out there, this is my amateur review after little under 2 months of use. I hope this helps someone who wants to use this Motorola phone in general. 
  
Fantastic design

The iridescent ocean color is just fantastic and the way it looks from different angles under light is fantastic. Almost pains me to put a case on it, but I want to protect my phone from drops and whatnot.  
  
Very, very good battery life

I've gotten 8-9 hours SOT and that includes 4-5 hours on Reddit (lots of pictures and gifs loading), 1-2 hours of Chrome browsing, 2-3 hours of music via VLC (sometimes YT Music) and also YouTube/Twitch for anywhere between 1-3 hours. Stand-by can be anywhere between 24-40 hours depending on how much I use the phone during that time. 

Solid camera

Camera is solid in daylight, takes good pictures and the ultrawide is actually solid, including for some macroshots (that I do not take very often). 4K video is really good in my opinion. 

The Apps

Only has moto apps for stuff like moto gestures and some stuff like media center. Most of the apps are Google apps, including Google phone which is very well designed and the fact that automatically displays who's calling from outside of my contacts is great.